Hello, my name is Dave de Fijter, founder of Indentity.
After years of work as a PHP and Python/Django developer I decided to start my own company. A company where I can focus on the latest technologies and where code quality comes first. This has become Indentity.
- Full name
- Dave de Fijter
- Place of birth
- 2003 - 2007: HBO Grafimediatechnologie at Rotterdam University (Graduated)
- 1998 - 2003: HAVO profile E&M at the Melanchthon College Rotterdam (Finished)
Certification / Other
Relevant working experience
- 2010 - Today: Founder of Indentity, Freelance developer
- 2008 - 2008: Fulltime Webdeveloper (Capica BV)
- 2007 - 2008: Fulltime Technical Lead & Head of Design (TBlox BV)
- 2006 - 2007: Fulltime PHP Developer / System Developer (TBlox BV)
- 2006 - 2007: Parttime employee learn/working company Rotterdam University (Lynx)
- 2005 - 2006: Fulltime manager own hardware division (Kewi Boten BV)
- 2005 - 2006: Parttime webmaster (Kewi Boten BV)
- 2004 - 2005: Parttime webmaster (Schiedam Inkart Centre)
- 2003 - 2006: Parttime webmaster / Computer repair (Freelance)
- 2001 - 2003: Parttime webmaster (Webgids Internet)
- The development of the travel sites by 4ElementsTravel. 4ElementsTravel offers social travel sites based on specific niches like kitesurfing, golf or scuba-diving. Indentity created the complete 4ElementsTravel platform on a reusable way so a new subsite can be added with minimum effort, it's the same code but with different data and looks. Indentity developed the complete platform and corporate identity for 4ElementsTravel.
- De technical design, development and implementation of a new multimedia tour application for Museum Boijmans van Beuningen, the Boijmans Tour. This system is currently used in the museum as a virtual tour-guide providing video, audio and other interactive elements for the complete collection of the museum on your own smartphone or on a iPod Touch provided by the museum.
- The development of a fully customisable online e-learning platform for operational safety purposes with the name Cursafe. Indentity developed the whole system from scratch including naming the company and the full corporate identity.
- Development of a new online learning platform for beginning Django developers: Django101.com
- Development of the Fashiolista iPad app
- Maintaining and extending App-Ologies, a online platform for mobile application development.
- Development and realisation of the Peanutbutter-Post video-interview project for Museum Boijmans van Beuningen.
- Providing maintenance tasks for the ArtTube and Online Collection applications for Museum Boijmans van Beuningen
- Development of the Easy TAN mobile app for Android (10.000+ downloads)
- Development of the Fashiolista iPhone app
- Designing and developing various projects for Fabrique.
- Designing and developing grindvloeren-plan.nl, a django powered site for a local company
- Designing and developing baseinterieur.nl, a django powered site for a local company
- Designing and developing a extranet including PHP framework for the Rotterdam Climate Initiative (Capica BV)
- Assembling and setting up a stable up-to-date Gentoo Linux development webserver complete with PHP5, Apache 2, MySQL 5, SSH, WebDAV, SVN, Trac and Python for Capica BV
- Designing and developing a REST based TBlox API to contact TBlox modules from all over the web.
- Designing and developing a Web 2.0 personal webportal named myTBlox/myCockpit Beta (like Netvibes and iGoogle). Complete with own TBlox gadgets and a own XML based gadget standard.
- Designing and developing a support module wich handles all support requests to TBlox (TBlox Assist, Support requests, help and actionlogger). I graduated on this project at Rotterdam University with a 9 out of 10.
- Designing and developing barcode scan software in Visual C# for TBlox.
- Developing a general web styleguide based on earlier proposals for better lay-out and usability of the TBlox modules.
- Recruiting, Interviewing and Educating new TBlox employee's and graduates within TBlox.
- Designing and developing a payment service for TBlox (TBlox Credits). Every TBlox payment runs through this module.
- Re-developing the UI and general Usability for specific TBlox modules.
- Starting up and running my own computer hardware (web)shop as my internship at Kewi Boten BV.
- Designing and developing a Microsoft XNA Game (XBox 360 Ready) in Visual C#. Introduced XNA to Rotterdam University.
- Designing and developing a car portal site (carowners.nl, offline now) with CMS at Rotterdam University.
- Designing and developing a real estate agent website: (Match Makelaars) with CMS in PHP(3) and MySQL at Webgids Internet
- Dutch: Good
- Engels: Good
- German: Decent
- Mac OS: Good
- Windows (3.1 -> Vista): Good
- Linux (Gentoo / Debian / Ubuntu): Good
- Dos: Good
- Python: Excellent
- PHP (3 t/m 5): Excellent
- Shell Scripting (Bash): Decent
- Flash Actionscript: Decent
- Director Lingo: Decent
- Java: Decent
- Objective C / Cocoa: Fair
- ASP(.net): Fair
- JSP: Fair
- (My)SQL (PostgreSQL and MySQL): Good
- (x)HTML: Good
- CSS: Good
- XML: Good
- UML: Fair
- OOP: Good
- AJAX implementations in combination with JSON: Good
- MVC: Good
- SVN & GIT: Good
- AIR: Decent
- REST: Decent
- Google Gadgets: Decent
- Google App Engine: Redelijk
- VIM: Good
- Adobe Photoshop: Good
- Adobe Illustrator: Good
- Adobe InDesign: Good
- Microsoft Office / OpenOffice: Good
- Kapow: Good
- Pentaho (Spoon): Good
- Adobe Flash: Decent
- Macromedia Director: Decent
- Quark QuarkXPress: Decent
- Google Sketchup: Decent
- Discreet 3D Studio Max: Fair
- Gadgets and Electronics
- Computers / Hardware
- Games & Consoles
- Movies & Series